I never would have imagined making a cheesecake in my Instant Pot, but I’ve made two! My first experiment was an Oreo Cheesecake (I’ll share that recipe soon), and just yesterday, I made this Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe for Thanksgiving. The recipe is adapted from this one at Pressure Cooking Today and was shared by a friend. As I learned after making the first cheesecake and eating almost all of it by myself, I decided to make another for a family event where others could share in it ‘s deliciousness. It’s a very rich cheesecake, so a small slice will suffice. I didn’t add all of the chocolate ganache topping called for in the original recipe because it was already a pretty thick layer on top and I didn’t want to completely cover the sides of my beautiful peanut butter cheesecake. I did, however, spread a little on some Oreos and indulge while the cheesecake was cooking. My husband “cleaned up” the bowl and spoon, so I can assure you nothing went to waste.
I encourage you to try this Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe and any other cheesecake recipes that you think you’ll love. It’s easier than you might imagine, and such a treat to eat.
Instant Pot Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake RecipePrint This
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookie
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 2/3 cup mini peanut butter cups, cut in half
- Prepare a 7 inch spring form pan by coating it with nonstick spray or oil and wrapping the bottom in foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and butter then spread it into the bottom of your pan. Set in refrigerator or freezer while you make the filling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in peanut butter, heavy cream, vanilla, and flour and blend until smooth. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Don’t over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour the filling into the spring form pan over your prepared crust. Cover the top of the pan in foil.
- Pour one cup of water into the Instant Pot and place the trivet in the bottom. Carefully lower the spring form pan down into the inner pot.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle. Cook on high pressure, manual, 60 minutes. Natural pressure release 10 minutes. Quick release.
- If the middle of the cheesecake is still wobbly and gooey (not set), cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the spring form pan to a wire rack to cool. Remove aluminum foil. When cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- To make the ganache, melt the milk chocolate chips on the stove in a double boiler. Add cream and stir until smooth.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and take off the plastic wrap. Run a knife along the outside of the cheesecake and along the inside of the spring form pan. Remove the outer spring and the bottom and place the cheesecake on a plate or cake stand.
- Spoon the ganache over the cheesecake, spreading to the edges to let it drizzle over the side. Place the peanut butter cups on top. Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.