No matter the season, cabbage soup is always a delicious and easy option for lunch or dinner. I’m always looking for light recipes, and this Instant Pot Cabbage Soup Recipe is a mash up of a couple of stove-top soup recipes I’ve been making for a while. Do you remember the diet cabbage soup from the 80’s? I do, and it was somewhat of an abomination. You were supposed to eat the soup for lunch and dinner for a week and you lost weight. Of course you did, because you were basically resetting your digestive system. And not eating reasonably. But I digress. This Instant Pot Cabbage Soup has plenty of protein and is a hearty soup perfect for a busy weeknight or lazy weekend. Top it with some freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and serve with a slice of rye bread.
Instant Pot Cabbage SoupPrint This
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 15 oz can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 32 oz beef stock
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- Using the saute feature, cook and crumble the turkey until no longer pink.
- Add in the onion, carrot, and celery and cook about 5 minutes more.
- Add in crushed and chopped tomatoes, beef stock, and bay leaves.
- Stir well.
- Add in the chopped cabbage and stir/press down so that it is covered in the liquid as much as possible.
- Cook on high pressure, 25 minutes.
- Quick release.