Looking for an easy-to-cook comfort food recipe? You’ll love this Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni. You can make a healthier, homemade version of the boxed variety. Simply use ground turkey or chicken (I love it with turkey) and whole wheat pasta (I prefer elbows). It’s a perfect weeknight meal and with one pot, cleanup is a breeze.
You won’t believe how easily this comes together. Saute the meat with spices, toss in the pasta and broth/water, then cook for only 4 minutes. Immediately release the pressure, then add in the cheese goodness. You’ll have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. If you want to add something green, you could even toss in some broccoli or other veggie your family loves.
If you’re feeding a crowd or want leftovers for later, consider doubling the recipe. I make it on a weekend and several lunches are all set for the week.
Looking for other delicious pasta recipes? Try this Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Recipe.
Instant Pot Cheeseburger MacaroniPrint This
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 lb pasta (any shape will work, but elbows are classic)
- 2 C chicken broth or water
- 1.5 C shredded cheddar
- 1/4 C milk
- Turn your electric pressure cooker on to Saute mode
- Add ground meat and spices and cook until done
- Add mustard and pasta and give it all a good stir
- Add in chicken broth or water (enough to barely cover meat/pasta)
- Place lid on pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 4 minutes (or half of the time listed on the box)
- Quick release the pressure and remove lid
- Stir meat and paste to loosen
- Stir in the cheese and milk until well incorporated