This Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Recipe is an incredibly versatile chicken recipe that goes great with rice, pasta, potatoes, and especially spaghetti squash. I have made this in the slow cooker for years, thanks to a recipe my mom shared with me. I modified it some for the Instant Pot, mainly to be sure there was plenty of liquid to build pressure. I haven’t tried it, but this might even be good with sweet potatoes.
You can really make this recipe your own and customize it to your specific tastes. Substitute the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom. Use light cream cheese if you want. Heck, add a can of green chilies if you’re feeling spicy. Spinach and fresh mushrooms also make a great addition. Cook the mushrooms with the chick and toss in the spinach after cooking just to wilt. If you want to lighten it up, you can use light cream cheese (Neufchatel) and/or reduced fat soup.
Cooking chicken in the Instant Pot can be tricky. If you look at very many recipes, you’ll see different cooking times, some recommend Quick Release, others recommend Natural Pressure Release. What’s the best way to cook succulent chicken without drying it out or losing any flavor? I’ve found that 10-15 minutes high pressure with a Natural Pressure Release of at least 10 minutes yields a dish worth raving over.
If the dish turns out too “soupy”, switch your Instant Pot over to “Saute” mode and let the sauce cook down for a bit.
If you’re interested in cooking this in a slow cooker, check out this recipe.
If you love this Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken recipe and need inspiration for other tasty chicken recipes, check out this list.
Italian Cream Cheese Instant Pot ChickenPrint This
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix (powder)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom soup)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Any other seasoning you'd like (garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, etc.)
- Place chicken, broth, and seasonings into the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle.
- Cook on high pressure, manual, 15 minutes. Natural pressure release at least 10 minutes. Quick release.
- Remove chicken and shred or cube.
- Stir soup and cream cheese into broth until well blended.
- Place the chicken back into the sauce to warm back through.
- Serve over rice, noodles, spaghetti squash, potatoes, or eat it as is.