This Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Recipe is a really versatile chicken recipe that goes great with rice, noodles, potatoes, and especially spaghetti squash. I have made this in the slow cooker for years, thanks to a recipe my mom shared with me. I modified it some for the Instant Pot, mainly to be sure there was plenty of liquid to build pressure. I haven’t tried it, but this might even be good with sweet potatoes.
You can really make this recipe your own and customize it to your specific tastes. Substitute the cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom. Use light cream cheese if you want. Heck, add a can of green chilies if you’re feeling spicy. If you want to lighten it up, you can use light cream cheese (Neufchatel) and/or reduced fat soup.
Cooking chicken in the Instant Pot can be tricky. If you look at very many recipes, you’ll see different cooking times, some recommend Quick Release, others recommend Natural Pressure Release. What’s the best way to cook succulent chicken without drying it out or losing any flavor? I’ve found that 15-20 minutes with a Natural Pressure Release of at least 5 minutes yields a dish worth raving over.
If you’re interested in cooking this in a slow cooker, check out this recipe.
If the dish turns out too “soupy”, switch your Instant Pot over to “Saute” mode and let the sauce cook down for a bit.
Italian Cream Cheese Instant Pot ChickenPrint This
- 2-3 lbs chicken breasts, halved
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix (powder)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom soup)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- Any other seasoning you'd like (garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, etc.)
- Throw everything into the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle.
- Cook on high pressure, manual, 10 minutes. Natural pressure release 10 minutes. Quick release.
- You can serve the chicken as is, shred it, or cube it.
- Serve over rice, noodles, spaghetti squash, potatoes, or eat it as is.