You’ll have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes with this Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta Recipe. It’s versatile in that you can choose your favorite pasta (I use whole wheat penne) and season it to your taste. By dicing the chicken, the whole dish can cook at once (except the dairy). With a short 4 minute cook time, the chicken and pasta cook beautifully together.
Once cooked, just finish off with some milk, half and half, or cream, and adjust seasonings as you wish. If you wanted to make it healthier, you could use a dollop of plain Greek yogurt instead of cream – just be sure to temper it first. (Learn more about tempering here). Toss in a handful or two of fresh spinach and/or use whole wheat pasta for a healthier option as well.
Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Chicken PastaPrint This
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- Italian herbs, salt, pepper to your linking
- 28 oz can diced Italian tomatoes
- 1 lb pasta (penne works great)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, half and half, milk, or yogurt
- Using the saute feature, saute the chicken in oil until it is lightly browned.
- Stir in seasonings, tomatoes, and pasta.
- Add broth and stir to cover as much as possible.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle.
- Cook on high pressure, manual (or “Pressure Cook”), for 4 minutes.
- Natural pressure release 5 minutes
- Quick Release
- Optional – toss in some fresh spinach for a healthy addition.
- Remove the lid and stir in cream, half and half, or milk. (If using yogurt, it’s better to temper it before adding it in.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.