As the evenings get colder, chili becomes even more appetizing. This Instant Pot Hearty Chili Recipe will warm you right up, and it’s super simple to prepare. You can use canned beans to make it extra easy to throw together, or toss in some that you’ve made using this Instant Pot Beans Recipe. If you love dark red kidney beans, use those. If you prefer all black beans, do that. You can also season it to taste. If you like a spicier chili, throw in a couple of jalapenos or some crushed red pepper flakes. You could even use cayenne pepper. If you like it a little more mild, stick to chili powder and cumin.
Simply brown your meat of choice – you can use turkey, chicken, beef, or pork. Add in the onion and pepper. Then start opening and dumping cans. Sprinkle in your spices and give everything a good stir. The pot will be nice and hot so it shouldn’t take too long to come to pressure. After a quick 20 minute cook to blend all of the flavors, naturally release the pressure and you’ve got a hearty pot of chili just waiting to be devoured. Top it with your favorite chili garnishments and enjoy. This easy weeknight meal is sure to please.
Instant Pot ChiliPrint This
- 1 pound lean ground meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and other seasonings to taste
- garnishments such as cheese, sour cream, avocado, chips, etc.
- Turn the pot onto Saute
- Brown the ground meat until no longer pink
- Add in the chopped onion & green pepper and cook 5 minutes more
- Dump in beans, tomatoes, corn, tomato paste, and broth
- Sprinkle in cumin & chili powder
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle
- Cook on high pressure, manual/pressure cook, 20 minutes
- Natural pressure release
- Top with your favorite chili garnishments and enjoy!