If you like a little heat in your chili, this is the recipe for you. The Instant Pot Jalapeno Chicken Chili Recipe is a spicy twist on an old classic. It has the unique element of a white chili with the fresh flavor of jalapenos and red peppers. It’s even got a secret ingredient!
It’s Winter here in Oklahoma and I can’t seem to get enough chili. The great thing about the Instant Pot is that is allows me to be creative with my ingredients while using tried-and-true techniques. Start with fresh chicken, onion, red peppers, and jalapenos. Throw in a surprising ingredient – cauliflower. Add in your class chili seasoning. The black beans and cream cheese finish it off perfectly. This recipe definitely cures any chili boredom you might be experiencing.
Just like many of the recipes you see on My Instant Kitchen, this one has the ability to customize to your liking. If you prefer something other than black beans, add white beans. If you want to make your own beans, the Instant Pot will do that for you as well. Check out this recipe for No Soak Beans. Top it off with your favorite chili condiments. The possibilities for amazing flavor are endless.
Instant Pot Jalapeno Chicken ChiliPrint This
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 8 fresh jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans black beans, mostly drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Saute the onion in butter or olive oil until it is translucent.
- Add in the chicken, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, cauliflower, chicken broth, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Stir well to combine.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle.
- Cook on high pressure, manual/pressure cook 6 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Stir in black beans and cream cheese until well incorporated.
- Serve with favorite chili condiments.