I love pancakes. The only thing I don’t love about pancakes is standing in front of the stove and cooking one or two at at time. With the Instant Pot, a good pancake mix, and some silicone molds, you can make your own pancake bites in minutes. With this Instant Pot Pancake Bites Recipe, I use a pre-made pancake mix. My favorites are from Kodiak Cakes (try the dark chocolate, you won’t be disappointed).
For this recipe, a silicone mold is key. You can find them on our Accessories Page. Simply mix up one serving of your batter (usually one cup of mix to one cup of water) and pour in the 7-bite mold. I usually use two of the molds and make a couple of different types of pancake bites. You can even mix in your favorite pancake extras right into the batter. Stir in some fruit or nuts, and you’ll add some yumminess to every bite.
These molds are also great for egg bites and mini-cakes!
Instant Pot Pancake BitesPrint This
- 1 cup of your favorite pancake mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of water for the IP
- Mix up your pancake mix with one cup of water.
- Add in any extras you like (fruit, nuts, etc.).
- Pour the batter into the wells of a silicone mold (should fill 7 wells).
- Cover the mold with foil to keep water from getting in your pancake bites.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water in the inner pot and place the trivet.
- Place the mold onto the trivet.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle.
- Cook on the “steam” setting, 5 minutes.
- Natural pressure release 4 minutes then quick release.
- Serve with syrup, fruit, or any other topping (or no topping at all).