You won’t believe how easy it is to cook a pork loin and “baked” potatoes. The best part is this Instant Pot Pork and Potatoes recipe cooks all in one pot! Because the potatoes are placed on top of the pork loin rather than in the broth, they are fluffy like a baked potato.
One key here is to either buy a pork loin that has been already been marinated or brined (I like the Hormel Always Tender Original pork loin filet) or marinate or brine your own. This will ensure you end up with a tender, juicy slice of pork. Be sure to get a pork loin and not pork tenderloins, or the cooking time won’t be accurate.
Since you’re starting with a blank slate, you can season this however you like. I love it seasoned simply with salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder. When I put the chicken broth in the pot, I’ll sometimes add a big drizzle of balsamic vinegar. You can also buy a pre-seasoned pork loin if you prefer.
Love pork? Check out this Instant Pot Creamy Ranch Pork Chops recipe.
Instant Pot Pork and PotatoesPrint This
- 1 pork loin (1-3 lbs)
- 4-6 russet potatoes, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- olive oil for browning meat
- seasonings to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode and drizzle in some olive oil
- Season the pork loin to your taste
- Saute the pork loin in olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side
- Place the trivet in the pot on top of the pork loin
- Pour 1/2 cup of chicken broth in the pot
- Place peeled and cut potatoes on top of the trivet
- Put the lid on the pot and make sure your vent is sealed
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes
- Let the steam naturally release (leave it alone)