This Instant Pot Potato Cauliflower Soup recipe delivers a healthy twist on an old classic. The first time I made this soup, I quizzed my husband on the “secret ingredient”. He had no idea it had cauliflower in it! I love this soup because it comes together so easily. You don’t even have to peel the potatoes!
And it includes a pound of bacon. A POUND OF BACON. That sound like a lot, but you’re only using half of it in the soup itself and garnishing with the rest. Simply dice it up, saute it in the pot, take some out for later, then add the rest of your ingredients. In a few minutes, you have a warm and hearty soup everyone will love.
Instant Pot Potato Cauliflower SoupPrint This
- 1 pound bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bunches green onion, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, cubed
- 1 (32 oz) box chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- garnishes such as cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, etc.
- Add raw bacon to the inner pot.
- Set your Instant Pot to saute mode.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and remove half from the pot to use as garnish later.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic and give it all a stir.
- Add half the sliced green onions, chopped cauliflower, cubed potatoes, and chicken broth.
- Cook on high pressure, manual, 10 minutes.
- Natural pressure release 10 minutes.
- Quick release the remaining pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Pour in the cup of milk.
- Use a potato masher to blend the soup gently.
- Serve with your favorite potato soup garnishes.
If you prefer a richer soup, you can add in a cup of half and half or even cream. If you want a cheesy potato soup, add in a cup of shredded cheese with the milk. If you like a more well blended soup, use an immersion blender to really cream it all together.