Pozole, or pork and hominy stew, is a flavorful and hearty Mexican dish. This Instant Pot Pozole Recipe is truly a “dump and push start” recipe and you’ll love the rich flavor of the finished soup. It’s delicious piping hot from the pot, but even better reheated as leftovers.
The spices are adjustable based on your unique taste. I always have a jar of chipotle in adobo in my refrigerator so I put in a couple of tablespoons into this soup (and many other dishes). Here’s what it looks like at Walmart.
This stew/soup is great as-is but you can garnish it with avocado, cilantro, radishes, and/or lime.
Instant Pot PozolePrint This
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 to 1.5lb pork roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, diced (optional)
- 2 15 oz cans white or yellow hominy, mostly drained
- 2 tbsp chipotle in adobo
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Garnish: cilantro, avocado, radishes, lime
- Turn your pot onto “saute” and drizzle in some olive oil
- Add in the pork roast chunks and onion and stir, cooking for 2-3 minutes
- Add in chicken broth, hominy, and spices
- Put the lid on and set the vent to seal.
- Cook on the “soup/stew” setting or “manual/pressure cook” for 20 minutes
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado, radishes, and/or lime.