This is seriously one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes I’ve ever made. It’s only 3 ingredients and it takes about 3 minutes to prepare. Simply place a few chicken breasts in the Instant Pot, season it how you like, pour on a jar of your favorite salsa, add in a little chicken broth, and you have a great Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe that you’ll make again and again. I recommend using the Poultry setting on your Instant Pot. After cooking for 20 minutes, and naturally releasing pressure, the chicken shredded perfectly.
I recommend buying the boxes of chicken broth as opposed to the cans, and here’s why: I like to add about a 1/2 salsa jar of broth in this recipe to ensure that you have plenty of liquid to keep the chicken nice and moist. Plus, it stores well having that extra bit of liquid. I served this with a side of steamed cauliflower and it soaked up the juices beautifully. If you served it with rice, I would imagine it would flavor it nicely as well. Having a box of chicken broth handy allows you to use a little or a lot, and it’s easy to store.
I recently made this with a Cilantro Lime Salsa that I found at Sprouts. It was light and fresh and paired nicely with black beans I’d also cooked in the Instant Pot. Check out the No Soak Instant Pot Beans Recipe if you want to make your own. This is also great in tacos or burritos, over rice, and could even spice up a salad. If you wanted to really impress your friends, you could even make your own salsa – what a great way to use those summer tomatoes. This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe will quickly become one of your favorites!
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken RecipePrint This
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 1/2 salsa jar of chicken broth or water
- seasonings you prefer
- Place the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle seasoning over chicken (you could use cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, etc.).
- Pour salsa over chicken breasts.
- Pour broth or water around chicken breasts.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle.
- Cook using the Poultry setting for 20 minutes.
- Natural pressure release.