This Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken recipe is so versatile, and so easy to throw together. Literally, you just throw everything in the Instant Pot and get on with your life. When you come back you shred it all up and serve it in tacos, on top of a sweet potato or a mound of spaghetti squash, over brown rice, or just eat it right out of a bowl.
Chicken breast has a tendency to turn out dry or tough when baked. One of my favorite uses for the instant pot has been making juicy, flavorful chicken in a variety of ways. Be sure to browse the site for other chicken breast recipe ideas.
- 2-3 lbs chicken breast, trimmed
- 1 16 oz jar salsa verde
- 1 cup chicken broth
- dash cumin
- Place the chicken breast in the inner pot, in a single layer if possible.
- Sprinkle some cumin over the chicken (season to your liking).
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Pour in the salsa.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle
- Cook on high pressure, manual, 20 minutes.
- Natural pressure release 10 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Shred the chicken with two forks (or with your kitchen mixer!) then let it all hang out for a minute to reabsorb the liquid.
- Serve in tacos, burritos, nachos, or on sweet potatoes, or eat all by itself!