You might think that “Instant Pot” and “Slow Cooked” don’t belong together, and you’d be wrong. The world’s best electric pressure cooker is great at getting dinner on the table quickly. It’s also perfect for making this Instant Pot Slow Cooked Spaghetti Sauce Recipe.
This one-pot sauce recipe is versatile. You can use any type of meat you want (turkey, beef, chicken, pork) and customize the veggies to your liking. It is also so easy to throw together. Toss in your ground meat, then your chopped veggies. Add your tomatoes and seasonings and go do something else for a few hours.
The perfect accessory for using the slow-cook function is the Tempered Glass Lid. You can see the sauce as it simmers and it makes the occasional stir even easier. Check out the Accessories page for this and other handy must-have accessories.
Instant Pot Slow Cooked Spaghetti SaucePrint This
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, pork)
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, diced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- minced garlic to taste
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in the inner pot using the “Saute” function.
- Add ground meat, sausage, onion, garlic, green peppers, and mushrooms.
- Cook until meat is browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
- Stir in spices. Give it a taste and adjust as necessary.
- Stir well and cover.
- Switch setting to “Slow Cook” and cook for 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Enjoy over pasta or with bread and cheese.