I’ve cooked spaghetti squash before and just couldn’t get into it. Then I heard I could cook it in my Instant Pot and had to try it again. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised. One of my favorite new things is this Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash recipe.
The key it cutting the squash crosswise so that it fits better in the Instant Pot, and also produces longer strands of flesh. I served this with Instant Pot Cream Cheese Chicken. It might even be good with Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken. You can top it with whatever your little heart desires, or simply drizzle it with olive oil and herbs and/or Parmesan cheese. It’s just that good. If you’re looking for some toppings inspiration, here are a bunch of recipes.
Simple Instant Pot Spaghetti SquashPrint This
- 1 spaghetti squash, about 3 lbs or so
- 1-2 cups water
- Cut the squash in half crosswise (as pictured) and scoop out all that weird stuff in the middle.
- Place the trivet in your Instant Pot, then add water.
- Strategically place the two squash halves so that they fit (there’s really no strategy here).
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure, manual, 8 minutes. For a firmer, more “al dente” squash, you could cook it for 7 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Carefully remove the squash halves with some tongs. Let them drain for a bit then remove the flesh with a fork and serve.