This Instant Pot Steamed Vegetables Recipe will help you easily cook veggies right on your counter top. There’s no water to boil, no dirtying up multiple dishes, no poking your food with a fork to check it. By steaming vegetables in the Instant Pot, you preserve their natural beauty and retain vitamins and minerals.
Instant Pot recommends using the Steam function for cooking vegetables. It’s gentler and less likely to overcook them. Simply pour one cup of water or broth in the bottom of your pot. Use a steamer basket or place the vegetables directly in the pot with your seasonings of choice. Cook according to the recommended time below.
Recommended cooking times (minutes):
- Artichoke, whole & trimmed…..9-11
- Artichoke, hearts…..4-5
- Broccoli, florets…..1-2
- Brussels sprouts, whole…..2-3
- Cabbage, wedges…..3-4
- Carrots, whole or chucks…..6-8
- Cauliflower, florets…..2-3
- Corn on the cob…..3-5
- Green beans…..2-3
- Potatoes, cubed…..3-4
- Potatoes, baby whole…..8-10
- Potatoes, large whole…..12-15
View a full list of recommended times on Instant Pot’s site.
Check out the accessories page for steamer baskets and more.
Instant Pot Steamed VegetablesPrint This
- 1 cup water or broth
- Pour water or broth into inner pot.
- Place vegetables in pot or in steamer basket in pot.
- Cook using Steam function according to recommended time.