If you’ve never had steel cut oats, you’re missing out on an amazing oatmeal. They’re less processed and much chewier than other types of oats. They take a bit longer to cook, but they’re definitely worth the wait. You’ll be surprised when you try this Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal Recipe. It’s great even on a busy morning. In just a few minutes, you have a hearty breakfast.
My toddler loved this oatmeal with a drizzle of honey and some raisins. I stirred in some PB2 with Chocolate. If you haven’t had this stuff, it’s incredible. It’s great in oatmeal as well as in plain yogurt. You can also use dried fruit, cinnamon, vanilla, or brown sugar. Customize it to your preference!
Instant Pot Steel Cut OatsPrint This
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- pinch of salt
- toppings/condiments of your choice
- Add water, milk, oats, and salt to the pot
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle
- Cook on high pressure, manual/pressure cook, 3 minutes
- Natural pressure release (this can take several minutes)
- Scoop out some of the oatmeal into a bowl
- Add in your favorite oatmeal condiments