I love sweet potatoes, so I was thrilled to discover that I could easily make them in my Instant Pot. The great thing about these is you don’t have to peel them before cooking, and you can adjust the cooking time to your “doneness” preference. Seriously, this Instant Pot Sweet Potato recipe will change your life.
Because I like mine to end up smooth and creamy, I cook them for the maximum time and smash them up once they’re done. If you want them to be a little firmer, cook for less time and you can dice them up when they’re done. One of my favorite ways to serve this is topped with black beans and Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken.
Easy Instant Pot Sweet PotatoesPrint This
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed, ends trimmed, cut lengthwise
- Place prepared raw sweet potatoes onto trivet in inner pot, face up. You’ll want to stagger them so that they’re not all sitting on top of each other.
- Add a cup or two of water.
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle
- Cook on high pressure, manual, 7 minutes.
- Natural pressure release 7 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Carefully remove potatoes from pot.
- Once cooled, grab the skin and peel it off.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
7 minutes will cook your potatoes to mashable consistency. If you would like a firmer potato, try 5 or 6 minutes.