I love Mexican flavors and I love one pot meals. This Instant Pot Taco Rice Bowl Recipe is not only easy, it’s quick too. This recipe is also VERY flexible. You can use whatever kind of ground meat you like (I used turkey), you can use whatever kind of beans you like (I used black beans), you can use whatever kind of cheese you like (I used colby jack). You can use white or brown rice (I used brown), you can use you favorite jar of salsa, or even make your own. You can top it with your favorite garnishments (I used tomatoes, sour cream, avocado and more cheese!). I also like to serve mine alongside baked tortilla chips. If you want to really put your Instant Pot to good use, make your own black beans! I made black beans using this Instant Pot Beans Recipe. Believe it or not, you don’t even have to soak them first.
This Instant Pot Taco Rice Bowl Recipe makes a lot, so be prepared for leftovers if you’re not feeding a crowd. Don’t be afraid to be creative and make this recipe your own. Throw in a can of corn and stir before adding in the cheese. Use a couple of different kinds of beans. Add whatever flavors and spices you love. This is a great weeknight go-to meal, and you don’t even have to wait until Taco Tuesday!
Instant Pot Taco Rice BowlPrint This
- 1 pound ground meat - you can use turkey, chicken, beef, or pork
- 2 cups white or brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
- 2 packets of taco seasoning (or create 2 ounces of your own taco seasoning)
- 1 can beans - your choice
- 8 ounces favorite cheese, shredded
- garnishes such as sour cream, black olives, green onion, tortilla chips, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, or more cheese!
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Saute mode
- Cook ground meat until brown
- Add taco seasoning, water, rice, and beans
- Add salsa on top (don’t stir in)
- Lock the lid into place and seal the steam release handle
- Cook on high pressure, manual, 14 minutes (NOTE: If using white rice, adjust cook time to 12 minutes)
- Quick release & remove lid
- Stir in cheese until melted
- Serve with garnishments of your choice